TRAVEL ADVICE FOR INDIA
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to India. By doing your groundwork prior to going for India, you can easily lessen the prospect of anything going wrong. A huge number of visitors regularly regret for not doing these basic pre travel steps just before heading for India.
Obtain the most updated medical services obtainable and travel health recommendation for India from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of facts to assist you plan for a safe and fulfilling travel to India and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for India
Travel insurance hints for India
Travel advice for India
Travel Health Advice For India
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for India
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in India and travel vaccination immunisation for india are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in India.
The travel health information for India provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to India for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for India Travel Insurance
- Be sure that you know exactly what your travel insurance insures because they are not limitless. It might not protect you for cancellation or alteration to travel plans.
- Clear up any insurance policy issues straight with the insurer.
- Be sure that medical cover is suitable for probable expenses in India. Be sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Typically, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Basic exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies like acts of civil unrest, self triggered personal injury, loss/theft of unwatched luggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance plans may be invalidated where injuries are experienced under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To India
- Have a look at the most up-to-date travel advice for India from any of the following sites: UK travel advice for India, US State Department travel warnings for India or Canadian government travel advice for India.
- Purchase an appropriate travel insurance for India to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to India.
- In advance of travelling to India register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in India, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the Indian law. Consular assistance is not able to override local Indian laws and regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfounded by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for India or countries you are visiting or transiting. Keep in mind a Indian visa doesn't guarantee entry into India.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a separate location to the originals and leave a copy with a friend or relative at home.
- Confirm with doctors for facts about recommended vaccinations or some other precautions for India and see about India procedures on travelling with prescription drugs.
- Leave a copy of your trip itinerary with a friend or relative at home and maintain regular contact with family and friends while in India.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the India.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For India
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. India will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Indian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Indian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012